View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:37 PM   #3
HaileysBabies
Yorkie Yakker

I got 2 puppies that are now 5 months old. They are teething like babies do. When they get adult teeth, chewing should lessen. I bought my babies chew sticks. They live chewing on them and I give them treats when they do o encourage this behavior. I also watch them, tell them no in a nice calm voice when they chew on stuff i don't want chewed and will pull them away and give then a chew toy. I repeat when they go back to chewing on my stuff and only treat when they chew what I want. They are improving daily.
As for the biting, They both still play bite me. I tell them no and never play back. When they don't listen, and I want to be critical about this, but when they don't stop, I lightly, very, Very, VERY lightly tap them on the bottom. If it stings you even a little. Its to hard. All I want them to know is it hurts me and needs to stop. They have stopped most of the time but do stop when I say no bite. Very soft tap, seriously. To hard will make the baby distrust and fear you, and you don't want that.
As for brushing, I bought two brushes. One to attack, one to Brush. You babies hair may have be matted underneath. When the hair switches from puppy to adult, its common for it to mat up. This hurts them when brushed and might be why you baby isn't looking being brushed. Get them groomed with shorter hair and try brushing with a soft brush as the new hair grows in. Hopefully he loves it again.
This is stuff I've been experiencing, and have figured out since my babies are only a month older. ☺
Hope this helps.
HaileysBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!