View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
danniko
YT Addict

Default Belly Issues Again

Sophie is having belly issues again!

I have no idea what to do for her. Every now and then she decides to stop eating and drinking and then her belly gurgles so loud that I can hear it in the other room. She hasn't eaten since last night. I gave her some water with a syringe and some pumpkin on the roof of her mouth in case she as having hunger pains because sometimes that jump starts her appetite, but none of her normal fixes have worked tonight - taking her for a walk, force feeding her something, a bum bath, cuddles and rice.

She will refuse all treats and food but acts completely normal as soon as she sees her leash or someone comes in the apartment. But as soon as the excitement is over she has her tail down between her legs again and snubs all food and shakes like a leaf.

She had a normal bowel movement this morning as has gone on a walk and peed a couple of times but is refusing food and had major stomach gurgles.

The last time she had blood work was July 2014 and all was normal, so she is probably due for some more bloodwork but we were hoping to put it off until her heart worm test she gets in April.

She is going to the vet soon; her appointment is at 7:20pm tonight and I am just waiting for my ride (downside to only having one car and my husband works afternoons!) but I am hoping that in the next hour or so people could maybe give me suggestions of what it could be or things I should ask the vet about it. I trust my vet, I just want to be able to ask specifics. I was thinking maybe anal glands? She has been booty scooting to the extreme lately and her poop has been softer than usual. She has been cowering and looking behind at her bum today while shaking, no redness though. She is getting groomed on April 11th, so usually she would get them done then but maybe we have gone too long between groomings because of the winter?

I am so worried about her. We just lost out 4 year old cat to a sudden heart attack (non-detectable heart condition) and it was traumatizing seeing her go from playing and being normal to lying on the floor not breathing in the span on 10minutes.

Please help me settle down and not panic right now.
danniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!