View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #73
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
The vet can not know the standard or best things for each breed so they just go with the standard of 8 weeks. In the US reputable breeders follow the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America which says 12 weeks. Generally if you find one thing that a breeder has skipped like not keeping the pups until 12 weeks you will find they have skipped other things. What health testing did your breeder do? How far back did she know the lines? I have a feeling you are very new to this breed. I understand going to a non reputable breeder when your new and hadn't done the research and didn't know any better so don't take it wrong. Reputable breeders are hard to find. Most of us joined here getting our pups from bad breeders and learned a lot when joining here. I think maybe you should read the whole thread and the articles and check out ytca.org. My pup came from a puppy mill.

Exactly and I think I queried a few things earlier in this thread re: this exact notion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alimorgeron View Post
My baby had her first round of shots and dewormer before I picked her up At the right age of 8 weeks for the initial shots. She had a health Check from her vet and I have an appointment this Saturday with my vet for another health check. My breeder was very good with my puppy. She made sure all was well before I took her home. I was instructed by my breeder to NOT bring her to potty outside yet due to parvo and other problems that could arise from doing so right now. I was also advised to make sure she eats and drinks alot of water to avoid becoming hypoglycemic. That being said, this is NOT my 1st yorkie. I am well aware of complications that "could" arise even if she is 1 yrs old. I can respect everyone's concern, but I just can't respect disrespecting someone because you feel they are less of a person for allowing a puppy to leave at 8 weeks. My baby girl will be loved and taken care of just like my child, because she is just that, my child. Again, Just saying!

I got my puppy at 12 weeks and you know what my breeder told me? All of his shots are complete now until he turns one year old. Take him home, continue to socialize him and enjoy him. I didn't have to worry about him contracting a horrible disease because he was released too young. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post

We all, I am sure, are thrilled you adore your baby girl as much as you do....that is a feeling every single one of us have, not unique to you! As far as "disrespecting someone because you feel they are less of a person for allowing a puppy to leave at 8 weeks....", well no one is feeling "anyone is less of a person" for any reason!!! There are things everyone does, especially people that sell products or sell services to other people, that many others do NOT agree with or approve of...that is called "business practices" and not "thinking anyone is less of a person". If a professional sees another professional, doing things they dont think are in the best interest of the customer, they have an obligation or responsibility to say something that at least educates, especially in a learning forum, so that people that are not knowledgable about everything dealing with that particular profession are not fooled or misled by incorrect information!!! Same thing with ANY service or product.....no disrespect, just disagreement on what is best for the consumer.

Those that believe puppies should remain with breeders 12-14 weeks old, are either well versed in breeding, whelping, care and management of those aspects, or they have researched the information available and have understood the benefits to the puppies. So the different advocates of this issue just approach the issue from different angles....we ALL adore and treasure our babies, breeders that hold onto their babies do so in spite of the extra work and the extra expense....they do it because they are convinced it is better for the puppy....our PRIMARY concern is for the benefit of the puppy, not ourselves, and there is absolutely no way a breeder that holds onto their puppies for that extra period of time could EVER be accused of anything but loving compassion and concern for, first and foremost, their puppies, and then extended to any new owner that buys from them.....going the extra mile is certainly NOT disrespect.....it is concern that the puppy gets the absolute very best start in life it can possibly get. Just cant "spin" that attention to the details, and special regard, adoration and concern for the puppy, and sincere interest in their new owner and what they are going to be facing with this new baby, into ANY form of "disrespect"!
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!