View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 11:35 AM   #67
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alimorgeron View Post
I just wanted to say that I brought my 8 week old yorkie baby home this past saturday. She is the smartest little girl ever! Since Saturday, I have taught her to sit and play with her ball. She has not even cried at night once since coming home. She has an awesome appetite and drinks LOTS of water. when I put her in her crate and she wimpers, I am working on the "quiet" command. She is even picking that up. She wakes me in the middle of the night to go potty on her pad... she is a VERY healthy and out going puppy. I feel as though, as long as you are home all day and can devote the time to your pup, then 8 weeks is fine to bring them home. My breeder is the best I know and she is 10000% reputable. She is in this puppies life while at her home and even now at her forever home. I would never buy from any other breeder just because she let's her babies go at 8 weeks. My Toodles is doing awesome and has a health check from the vet that clarifies that!! I will listen to my vet before any article or person. The vet to my pet is like my doctor to me... they know best.. just saying☺
The vet can not know the standard or best things for each breed so they just go with the standard of 8 weeks. In the US reputable breeders follow the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America which says 12 weeks. Generally if you find one thing that a breeder has skipped like not keeping the pups until 12 weeks you will find they have skipped other things. What health testing did your breeder do? How far back did she know the lines? I have a feeling you are very new to this breed. I understand going to a non reputable breeder when your new and hadn't done the research and didn't know any better so don't take it wrong. Reputable breeders are hard to find. Most of us joined here getting our pups from bad breeders and learned a lot when joining here. I think maybe you should read the whole thread and the articles and check out ytca.org. My pup came from a puppy mill.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!