View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #9
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

I agree with the crate-training, also. Mr. Hobbs did not like his crate at first, but he has learned to get used to it. The reason I think he hated it at first was because he had BAD separation anxiety. But, dogs are den animals...like the previous post said, a huge house is just too large of a den. When you put them in a crate, that becomes their den, and they feel comfortable in it. It will definately take some getting used to, but in the long run, I believe that it is the best option. I have done extensive research on crate-training as Hobbs absolutely abhored his crate at first. However, after trying several other options, including x-pen, baby gate, leaving him out, etc., we went back to the crate-training. It is great because if we go to a friend's house, we can take Hobbs and his crate and put him in there while at the friend's house. Also, when we have company, he can go in his crate. There are just so many benefits of crate-training other than helping with separation anxiety, which has been almost completely cured since we have crate-trained Hobbs. Good luck! I know how sad you are feeling now that you know that your baby is so upset when you are gone. But give the crate a try...it will be hard at first because she will hate it, but he strong...it will be SOOO much better for the both of you in the long run.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!