View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 09:04 PM   #11
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
There is one thing I agree with PETA on - I hate zoos, with animals taken from the wild and kept in confinement for human entertainment. That seems so cruel to me - beautiful, wild things meant to live free until they die instead spending their days and nights confined to cruel cages, tanks, pools and fences that prevent their desire to run, swim and fly all they want, hunt for food, breed, roam and migrate.
Jeanie, allow me to play Devil's Advocate here and just present the flip side of the "zoo" coin.

Not all zoos are quality facilities, that is for certain. But there are really fabulous zoos around the country where the animals are cared for, researched and thoughtfully bred actually using pedigrees so the animals are not all inbred, and they are kept in open spaces rather than cages..... Something to just think about with THESE great facilities....There are animals that are disappearing by the hundreds of thousands every year, because HUMANS are encroaching into their living spaces, cutting down thousands of acres of jungles and rain forests where these animals are living. Until human population is controlled, and humans stop inhabiting and over running areas inhabited by animals, we as care givers of Earth and Gods Creatures, have to provide them an option, an alternative, so they do not disappear completely from existance.

Humans will never cease to reproduce, and populations of humans will continue to spread out all over the Earth, cutting and leveling and destroying land that belongs to the animals, so to speak.....one day, people will inhabit every square inch of available space on Earth....so what can we do? If we are going to continue to destroy where they live, we must provide sanctuaries and safe zones for the animals....and that is zoos. If you do not provide breeding grounds and care and animal management for the animals of Earth, your great, great grandkids will never see a elephant or a giraffe, or a hippo or rhino or gorillas in real life. Zoos are the last frontier for hundreds of species of animals and birds and fish.....

I know there are thousands of places where these poor animals are caged and mistreated. That is so wrong and must be corrected...There should be established standards of care and methods of practice for zoos, in order for them to operate. Animals in zoos should be in open space areas, not cages...This is another cause celeb PETA should get active in....establishing policies and procedures for zoo facilities, encouraging and presenting ways and means and methods on animal management, breeding, vet care, etc for all captive animals.....rather than trying to get me to eat veggies instead of meat.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 02-24-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!