Thread: shots
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 01:21 AM   #10
SirTeddykins
aka ♥SquishyFace♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
Unless you are a vet or vet tech I would not give the shots myself. Also it's good for them to get checked out by the vet before any vaccines. I'm not sure what nexguard has to do with shots or why that would make the vet bring up shots. Puppies and dogs need regular vet check ups, blood work, and fecal check yearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
This pup was gotten way to young so I worry a out other things. Not that this poster didn't learn a lot but getting a puppy so young would worry me about what a person knows about vet related stuff such as when the shots need to be given and so on. A lot of people will do the shots themselves and skip out on a vet completely and at the minimum a yearly vet check with blood work and a fecal should be done for an adult dog but puppies need regular check ups and to get started on heartwarm prevention. I would have a hard time trusting that a breeder really did give the shots unless it was an extremely good breeder (which I think you are). I have read about lots of pups getting parvo and people are blaming the vaccines but when you go back and look at it the pup came from a bad breeder who only said they gave the shots and wrote the date on a piece of paper at least a lot of the ones I looked into.
You have made some excellent points here. There are known issues at injection sites when inexperienced or lay people take it upon themselves to vaccinate animals. Therefore, as pet owners, we should defer to those with more experience and the appropriate education in the interest of our pets well being.

Great post - very informative.
SirTeddykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!