View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 11:35 PM   #1
Opium88
YT 500 Club Member

Omg Groomers nightmare

So I took Toby to get groomed today. I go to a woman I know through a friend. She has always done an excellent job. And now I know I am paying her far less than she deserves. Because today I stayed around for it and saw and endured first hand what a s**t my son is. Mind you, I play with Toby's feet, and he doesn't snap at me or pull away. I wash and blow dry him and while he isn't too excited about it he deals with it ok. So it's not like he's completely new to the process. But I guess he got sap imbedded in his pads and it started matting up. I saw that and how violently he reacted to her touching his feet and I offered to try and keep him calm for her. But it didn't work. He wouldn't calm. At all. And by that I mean snarling , scratching, snapping, biting, growling, vicious. I had to leave to get a muzzle because he stopped caring who's hand he was sinking into. But I got the wrong size. Brilliant. We managed to bathe him and get alcohol and get the majority of the sap off of him, and while sudsy and wet he was almost bearable. But the moment we took him out of the water he turned into a possessed snarling demon child out for blood. She has been grooming for twelve years and says some dogs just never get used to being groomed. She's hoping he will but he doesn't stop freaking out long enough to realize that it isn't a threat to him. We would break to let him calm down and chill out, and the second he hit the floor he was happy go lucky kissing us both and sweet as pie. The minute we picked him back up he was possessed again. It was ugly. But necessary. And you should see my arms and neck right now. I look like I was attacked with razor blades and I have deep long cuts that are swollen and red hours later. I felt horrible for his behavior and horrible for him for being so fearful. And I was there. Nothing she did was careless or too abrupt . She wasn't rough with him or anything. But it was like I opened up a can of psycho and unleashed it upon her. She charged $40, I paid her $75 and we left. Somehow she did manage to get him looking pretty damn good before I gave up and said **** it. And as soon as it was over he was happy happy happy like a Tri Polar psychotic with Alzheimer's . If I were her I would have asked not to bring him back again. But she just smiled and said hopefully he'll come around with time. I was ready to rip my hair out .
Opium88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!