View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #12
shyorkies
Donating YT 500 Club Member

I personally have not seen an AKC registered yorkie or any other breed in the pet stores near me.. Most are ACA, APR, CKC, etc.. Alot of the puppies from these registeries are from puppy mills and they supply pet stores.. These particular breeders do not care what are in the pedigrees of their dogs to begin with they are just throwing two dogs together for a litter of puppies.. They also do not have to abide by the strict requirements and record keeping that AKC registered dog breeders do.. I know of a lady that purchased a female puppy awhile back and brought her into work to be examined.. The puppy was sold only as a pet with no papers.. The owner went ahead and registered the puppy with CKC so that she can breed her anyway and that way the puppies will at least have some kind of registration papers.. This owner has NO idea what lines are in the puppy and what genetic problems may been bred into this puppy..

I would do what Irene suggested and try to contact the breeder to see if they can provide some information on the bloodlines and parents from which your little girl came from.. If the breeder cannot supply you with any info, I would suggest not breeding her also..
shyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!