View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
StewiesMom
Stewie Rox the Sox
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie
NASCAR evolved from the South, and there was a negative association with it, as in people from the south (who they stereotyped as 'rednecks') were big-time fans. Now, NASCAR is a billion dollar industry and there's big money to be made everywhere. There are big races in lots of major cities now, like Chicago and Las Vegas, and it's quite popular everywhere.

I would guess more fans are 'blue-collar', not that there is anything bad with it. I think the term 'redneck racing' just comes from NASCAR's roots, which I think has a negative connotation and still lingers to this day.

That said, I'm not much of a fan of NASCAR, I'd much rather watch Formula 1, where they actually do something besides turn left.
Just a few reasons why I have to disagree

1. Chicago doesn't even have a racetrack and will never have one, so there is no way that we can have races.

2. blue collar and redneck, to me, are NOT the same. No where near the same. Rednecks don't have jobs; they're on welfare. Blue collars are union workers or other factory workers aka "working class" or "lower middle class".
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!