View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewiesMom
with the risk of being eaten alive, I'll be honest...

Yes, I consider it a "redneck" sport, though I the word "redneck" is not in my vocabulary.

I know no one in Chicago who watches Nascar. Seriously. I don't believe that it is popular in any urban area.

I am not exposed to it at all. I don't understand why men would put their lives on the line racing cars for other people's entertainment. Seems a little stupid to me. Same goes for pro boxing - not my style.
Some of those men earn $300,000 or more for your entertainment, not a bad pay check. I'm in the south perhaps it's more popular here. I do know Richard Petty ran moon shine before his race days. It was once a poor man's sport, southern poor men could show off weekly at the track....pure and simple

Btw, my brother sells Hoosier racing tires....every customer I've ever spoken with has said...."I need to get sum ty-ires". No kidding pronounced just that way. A set of four ty-ires cost you around $500.00 a WEEK. Next week you need another set. Yep, they may be a redneck but they've got money....or a charge card at least at local tracks
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!