Thread: whelping help
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckywolf968 View Post
"this is the first time i have taken care of a pregnant dog" we bought her from someone who bred her one time so this is her second litter, but she is the first dog that i have bred, she bred with my male yorkie mix Sam, i am sorry that i am not a professional dog breeder, some of us don't have hundreds of dollars to start a dog breeding program, i prefer mix breed dog to pure bred because they are less likely to get breed related problems, this is the first time my mom has let me breed any dogs we get, we usually get them fixed asap, so i am sorry that i don't have alot of experience, you do not have to make people feel like crap because they don't know what to do, it's people like you who make people feel like they cant ask for help because they think they are going to be put down and made fun of for not knowing, so if all your going to do is criticize someone for asking questions then you really don't need to answer peoples questions.

Look up Debra Jensens website on breeding, it covers a lot of the basics.

Your female should not have calcium extra supplements while pregnant (unless your vet has done blood work) and the vet says she is low on calcium.
Calcium can be fed after whelping.

I would read that website then ask the lady who is willing to help you whelp for advice. Try to make your questions specific, as this is a big topic and quite frankly folks spends years studying and learning all those basics prior to breeding.

You need to learn the basics - and there is a lot of info on the web as well as in libraries.

You have a lot to learn in 63 short days.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!