View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 05:44 PM   #9
SGMCR
Yorkie Yakker

Post IGE Testing for Food Allergies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I went and found there website and noticed it said this under what foods they test for. * Heska, in agreement with the American College of Veterinary Dermatology, does not recommend IgE testing for foods. A compliant exclusionary diet trial, followed by provocative re-challenge, is recommended for animals suspected of suffering from adverse reaction to foods. So I am guessing it's not a good way to know for sure with foods.
I saw that so I did some research. Although it states that other than a salvia test. The saliva test only tests for antibodies for about 7 foods. However for the 7 tested Gidget was flagged for 2 and the lesions, rash, or bumps fit the criteria of the study conducted by Dr. Jean Dodds.

I know from taking chicken and flax products out of her diet she has gotten better. Eliminating air pollutants or shampoos used by an incompetent Vet tech who didn't read her chart proves a little more difficult.

I will continue my pursuit for answers. My father wants me to take her to an old mountain man vet who has had great holistic success in treating dogs.

Will keep you posted as to her progress as this seems to be a prevalent problem in Yorkies.

Thank you.
SGMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!