View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
-45C! I just can't imagine functioning in that temperature! How do vehicles start? Seems like all exposed skin would freeze instantly! And I cant imagine what your winter bills are like. I would have to install a wood burner if it were to get that cold here on a regular basis...and live sitting in front of it!

New cars are sold with a built in block heater OOPS that reminds me, I have to find out where the dang thing is in my van... This morning my windows were frozen shut...

I have natural gas and I am on an equalized billing plan, otherwise my winter bills would knock my boots off. I'd rather economize on A/C and keep warm in the winter, hey a little bit of summer heat nevva hurt anyone! But a lot of folks up North are on electric heat and O M G Their bills would make you faint!

Frozen skin yup tis why you have scarves and when it is really cold a Balacava works well. We also have thingeys sorry don't know what they are called, but are round and can scrunch down into your neck, and if the cold wind blows you unfold and place up over your nose and cheeks, pull the toque down over your forehead and ya good to go.

Then you need good mitts - forget the gloves, unless ski gloves, but mitts work well. And layering is the key. I have 3 pairs of long johns, in Toronto they only have come out a dozen times or so, but when you need them, you need them!

We are kindof tough for city folks :-)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!