View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
SGMCR
Yorkie Yakker

Default New to Yorkie Talk

Hi I'm SGMCR. Used to raise German Shepards. Have my first Yorkie, Gidget and love her dearly. A blessing from God. Gidget brought me out of a deep depression after loosing my spouse of 30 years.
I did lots of research before deciding on a Yorkie. Still didn't prepare me for unheard of allergies.
Please please take note: hopefully her pain and mine will help others. Gidget is a fussy eater and weighs just 4 lbs at 6 months. This has been going on for 2 months. She broke out with a red bumpy rash from her neck down her back, but not underneath. The bumps turned pus. Great appetite, was on soft food. Just now lost her baby teeth.
Took her to vet and did a blood test for allergies after a round of antibiotics and special diet. She is allergic to CHICKEN, FLAX SEED, eggs, ragweed, corn pollen. Chicken and flax seed is in most puppy and dog food also FLAX SEED is in many dog foods and treats especially in SCIENCE DIET FOOD and GREENIES.
If anyone experiences these symptoms with their puppies get the allergy test. Please. its worth the money. I hope this helps someone. Always take your baby to the vet. I know when it's late at night and your scared any help is appreciated. Just know you're not alone, better informed and take baby to vet and demand the blood allergy test. It tests for everything.
Thank you.
SGMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!