View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #15
lisaly
Donating YT 500 Club Member

That's beautiful, Gail. I read through an article and all the responses that I found interesting and heartbreaking today. I used to read things like these to help me prepare for eventually losing my close to seventeen year old little girl, Ashley. Nothing I could do could prepare me for losing her, though. I learned from losing Ashley's sisters a few years before that she would always be a part of me, and that my love for her, like all of them, would never diminish. The pain always remains, as well, but that gets easier to bear in time.

I must be crazy to read such painful stories, but they had a common theme. These dogs have such a beautiful, lasting, loving and profound impact on our lives. The memories and the love remain and also the invaluable messages our dogs teach us about loving and life. I appreciate every precious moment I spend with Katie; she surely is a priceless gift. I don't think I need to remind myself of how blessed I am to have her. I always think of my Rainbow Bridge babies with such a powerful, overflowing love, and I still don't find their losses easy to cope with, yet that doesn't mean I haven't had a happy life. My little girls will always be very loved babies, even though they only live inside my heart. However, I'm drawn to help others who have experienced life altering losses to help to ease their pain, and I guess that's why I continue to read such difficult pieces.

I pray it will be a very long time before you have to cope with another loss. Your Zoey and Karma were so lucky to be loved by you. So are Magic, Razzle, and Dara.

On Losing a Dog – Phenomena: Only Human

Ashley 6/10, Gracie 2/04, Kiwi 10/03, and Jolie 7/93 .
lisaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!