View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #48
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Back to the breeder telling you not to feed kibble with corn in it. You are feeding Bil-Jac dry kibble?
From Bil-Jac site:
The Real Research-Based Truth About Corn
Bil-Jac’s healthy, research-based use of corn provides your dog with:

1. A great source of healthy, available antioxidants
2. Lower glycemic index than rice
3. Great digestibility

Independent research substantiates:

• Corn has the highest total antioxidant activity (more than double) compared to rice, wheat or oats. It also contains a higher amount of antioxidants than many fruits or vegetables. (Cornell University)

• Slow cooking corn releases up to 900% more antioxidants. (Cornell University)

• Slow cooking corn releases more nutrients. (Cornell University)

• Corn fed to dogs produces a lower glycemic index than rice. (University of Queensland)

• Finely ground corn (corn meal) is 99% digestible for dogs. (University of Veterinary Medicine Hanover)

• Incidence of food allergies in dogs, while rare, are no higher for corn than rice. (Multiple Studies)

Some marketing companies choose an ingredient and build a whole marketing strategy against it. Then, they talk down that ingredient and refuse to use it, attempting to create a marketing advantage. That’s not research-based nutrition. It’s marketing hype.
For your best friend’s sake, if your current dog food doesn’t contain corn, maybe you should investigate the nutritional research and rethink what these marketing companies are telling you.
You Can Trust The Bil-Jac Family for Research-Based Nutrition
- See more at: Dog Food Research: Corn - Learning Library - Bil-Jac Dog Food

Just so happens I agree with the information about corn.....and if your pup has no allergies/adverse events from feeding a food with corn, there is nothing detrimental about feeding it. I just happen to like to deliver my "corn" in Royal Canin, and have for many, many years!!!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!