View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #18
crystalsmom
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
It sounds like I have a similar one to yours. Mine is a Panasonic Lumix ZS3. It's about 4 yrs old. I didn't have time to change from macro zoom to high speed burst to get the butterfly, but then again, I wanted the macro effect of the butterfly anyway. There is a tracking lock for the focus, but I think the butterfly was just too small. I got one pic but the wings were closed, so no use in that one!

BTW the transform one is to make you look taller. It stretches the frame either up/down or left/right. Not sure why you would use the left/right one though!

Also I have not had good luck with the food setting at all. Very dark. The problem with these small cameras is the sensor is not large enough to let in enough light, and there's no manual settings to leave the sensor open longer. I guess it would work for food if it was in a brighter environment, but usually photo worthy food is in a darker setting, isn't it?
This is really exciting, now I know how you got that magnificent picture, with my camera Mine is a little different Panasonic DMC-z58, I'll tell you it's the best little camera out there with a Macro lens.

Oh thank you for the info on 'transform' how cool. I saw a still life and I have the book somewhere if I can find it, I will take a picture and show you all. The coloring is brilliant, it's like it covered with butter. First hint of spring, I want to get to the zoo and to a spot not too far from me with a butterfly or two.

crystalsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!