View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 08:18 PM   #11
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Rose

This is honestly the first year I have ever sent cards as it was all inspire by the yt holiday exchange I have a young family (oldest child is thirteen) and since having kids have 'intended' to send cards a few times and even bought some here and there. I hve also only ever gotten cards from my grandparents all of whom have passed away in the last five years. It has made me so amazingly happy to receive our Christmas cards this year- I am so pleased I just can't even express it- I want to send out tons more cards every year and never let this tradition die in our digitally focused age. I miss my grandmothers hand written letters more than I realized I guess and I adore having these reflections of the warm loving pieces of peoples lives glimmering like little rainbows of hope for humanity on my wall, lol my calender is that also, empty and replaced by my phones digital alarms and at my fingertips date reminder but the tradition of it, the transition it brings me through the year and the light of the pictures just really makes me happy. Of course I'm a book reader too and have a hard time focusing on the kindle app...so maybe it's just me but dang, I hope not.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!