View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #51
Graneet
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenskwan View Post
Hello YorkieTalk.com forum readers,

My name is Jen and I volunteer as the Social Media Admin for Firebrand Yorkies. It is my responsibility to manage the Facebook page and recently YorkieTalk.com for Firebrand Yorkies.

I am quite shocked at the hurtful comments many of you have left in response to Zook4mud’s post about the devastating loss of their beloved new puppy, Cash. It is my understanding that we are all human and we must bestow kindness and compassion to all others. We are taught not to jump to conclusions or cast judgement without yet hearing both sides of the story. It is easier to take the vigilante route, especially in a format such as this forum as you need not take any action beyond providing your vindictive opinions.

A wise person takes the less travelled, patient route, they seek to gain perspective before casting stones. I hope that all of you will calm down and understand that there are two sides to this story as there are with every story. Please wait until you have heard both sides before tearing this breeder apart. I do not even know both sides of the story yet so I cannot answer any questions or provide insight on the issue at hand.

Now, something I can provide insight for. I have known Diane for 2 ½ years, if I could choose a single word to describe her, I would choose benevolent. This may come as a shock to you as you have all assumed that Diane is a greedy human being with no ability to be empathetic or caring. The fact is that the situation is quite the contrary.

Beyond caring for her Yorkies, Diane regularly offers up her time providing encouragement and companionship to her family members and friends. Her door is always open to anyone who is in need and is comfortable sharing a bed with a dozen Yorkies.

Diane loves Yorkies and I do not say this lightly. Every single puppy who comes in and out of Firebrand Yorkies is treated like family at the Firebrand household. The dogs live, play, eat, and sleep in the same space as their owners. Previous buyers frequently return with their Yorkie babies for dogsitting or playdates because of the Yorkie family atmosphere that Diane has created in her home.

Diane also loves to share that love with her buyers. When she sells a puppy she feels as if she is giving a child up for adoption. She screens buyers to ensure that the puppies are going to the best home possible. I am sure that she was just as devastated at the loss of Cash as he was a member of the Firebrand household for the first twelve weeks of his life.

Even after being financially advised to increase prices, she continues to accommodate discounts for buyers as she feels that money isn’t an important part of the equation. The most important part for her is the puppy’s health, well-being, and integration into their new family.

As many of her recent buyers are aware, Diane has been suffering from health issues. She will go out of her way to veil how serious the issues actually are as to not burden others with worrisome news. I speak for Diane here as I tell you that the health issues are as serious as they come. Yet, she continues to provide service for her customers to the best of her abilities because she loves her Yorkies and wants nothing more than to share that love with other families.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Kwan

Your friend may be a very nice person. These posts are directed at her business practices. If she has a different side that justifys her not honoring her contract then state it. How she handles a customer speaks volumes on her as a person to others who may be concidering buying a puppy from her. Puppies can get sick it happens. It is heart breaking all around to those involved. The people who lost the dog is not blaming her for selling a sick dog. But it was sick and died because of an birth defect. She needs to honor her agreement. If she dont have the funds work it out with the couple. But to accuse them of killing the puppy is absurd. Who in their right mind would pay money for a puppy grow to love it and then go threw the heart breaking time before its loss on purpose. Let alone the expense of vet bills. I truely hope her health improves. Perhaps dealing with this matter would take some stress off her. I know it would me.
I would think if your going into business to sell puppies you need to be prepared for this type of thing happening. If she is the person you say she is then hopefully she will deal with this, sooner than later.
Graneet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!