View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 09:16 PM   #8
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlain View Post
sounds like your Thanksgiving was filled with love and fun and you have much to be thankful for. I do not have any kids all my family lives 600 miles away and myhusband works long hours at his job and then more on his various home projects, so he never has time to help. I am a glitz and glitter person with a house full of trees that all themed and LOL perfect, but through the years it has become a "chore" that I have grown to hate, for the last two years I even hired someone to do the bulk of the work from pictures I had. This year I have decided that if decorating for Christmas felt more like a root canal than warm and fuzzy I would just not do it, and I can't tell you how giving myself permission to skip it has made me feel more in the spirit than in years past. Normally I hate to got anywhere on Thanksgiving since the whole weekend is reserved for decorating, but this year we went to NY to see my family and for Christmas we are going to Nashville to visit my husband's sister and family who I am very close with. I also plan to attend more Christmas parties and Church music programs, so I will get my Christmas spirit there not in a home filled with fancy Christmas décor. Reading your post made me think about what is really important and that is family and how you can make the simplest things spectacular, you are creating memories your children will remember forever which is worth much more than a tree filled with crystal and glass. Enjoy your holidays and thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving story
Oh that was so sweet and just warmed my heart right up! you have a beautiful, wonderful time visiting family this year- that sounds like the perfect thing to do thank you for sharing too and your self permission is absolutely liberating- I am in full support. You made my day.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!