View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyK810 View Post
Oh, that sounds like you had a nice family time decorating the tree! Those are the best times, when its a family event. We would always put on a christmas movie and decorate it together.

Ive not got my tree up yet. Its just not the same doing it by myself, now my kids are grown and gone. I did put up the outside lights yesterday, as the weather was mild here in Michigan. A whole strand of icicle lights didnt work, so it took some adjusting on the roofline, and some creative stretching around corners. And the lights on my door wreath and one of my small urn trees on the front porch dont work, so i bought new lights last night, and plan to go put those on today.
That is sweet and I live for these moments, really. Do you not have grand kids to put up the tree with yet? I really wish we could hang lights and wreaths outside! But oh the winds are wicked around here and I beleive we are lucky that the house stays anchored down! We did watch a Christmas movie while I cooked dinner but during decorating time my darling love read us one of my favorite childrens stories, 'Peter in Blueberry Land' by Elsa Beskow. Admittedly it wa very sad that my oldest (thirteen this week) did not join us, sigh. I suppose I get to experience the lessons that come with this next part of life now that I am done having babies and my children are growing older and becoming their own little people, such is the way of things I suppose but it really was a lovely time and I will savor the moments I have while they are here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.1 KB, 12 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!