Thread: How long...
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Bless you for rescuing her and yes a puppy as far as all training goes, how long do you have her.
Since you work from home and she is crated, scheduling a potty time is very good. Dogs are creatures of habit, stick to the routine, make sure you take her out to potty at the same time everyday, no matter what the weather is. She will learn when it's potty time. Not knowing how long you have her and by going on my personal experience from my newly adopted boy. Cody was a city boy and leashed walked for 2 1/2 years. I have to assume he was never left off leash. Now he lives in the country, has a big back yard. The day I took him home and introduced him to his new back yard, he was like a grey hound, he ran and ran and ran, I could hear him singing "Born Free" lol. This was new to him, then the sniffing began, he was soooo happy and excited he didn't make lol, he was running from yard to deck to yard, when he got tired he was heading to the house, I had to tell him pee-pee and poo-poo lol and he came back like "it's ok I pee & Poo in this Paradise lol. This went on for one week, always had to remind him he has to make. So not knowing how long you have your little girl, this new freedom she now has may be consumed with running, roaming, sniffing, excitement, they forget they have to make. Her being a mill dog, sleeping, eating and pee & poo all in the same crate. Never out of it, no human contact, now her new life is one of freedom, she may just be enjoying the freedom and forgets it's ok to make outside the crate. Now knowing she is a mill baby, I would definitely give her more time outside, give her time to do her play thing and sniffing time, then give her, her potty command words, do # 1 and do # 2 if those are the words for pee-pee and poo-poo, depending on how many years she was a mill dog and always crated, it may take more time for her to learn it's ok to potty outside her crate.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!