Thread: How long...
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 05:06 AM   #2
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

My adopted 3 y/o boy that I have 1 year now,was trained to make out doors, he was leash walked. When I first got him last Nov. I took him to the back yard where he could run free, in his excitement of being off leash and able to have all this freedom he would poop then run up the deck wanting to get back in the house, as he ran past me I would say, do pee-pee, he would turn around like to say, oh yeah I forgot about about that, then come back, make his pee-pee then head back to the house. Last winter we had a lot of snow, to deep for him to use the yard, my other dogs were never allowed to use the deck as their toilet, also at that time I had a pee-poop dog run for them, This I removed 2 years ago because I had just one dog now, she was old and was making on paper in the laundry room. With Cody last winter was a hard winter, so I had him use the deck, which took several weeks to get him to go there because he preferred the back yard. Now he knows to use the deck, when he wakes up in the morning, he will only pee outside, he eats at 7AM then has to go out right away to poop. He does more pee-pee during the day then poop, but he poops 4 times a day. Many times he will do one or the other, sometimes he does both. But, Cody is now 3 years old. Depending on how old your baby is and how well house broken she is, and is she leash walked or uses the yard, There is a big difference when leash walked opposed to opening your door and letting them out. If she uses the yard and makes just a pee-pee I would keep repeating make poo-poo, wait 10 minutes, if she doesn't make come in the house, same with a poop and no pee, again give 10 minutes, if nothing come in. Cody will always let me know when he needs to go out, I don't know if your baby does this. But if you are giving her only 5 minutes I don't think this is long enough for her to find "that perfect" pee or poo spot, so try and additional 5 minutes, making it 10 minutes. Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!