View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #14
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Imagine not being able to dock my Sheeps tails and the suffering of maggots and fly strike in the long tailed breeds, imagine that I could not tag their ears as part of the careful observation in a disease managment program aimed at putting a stop to a nasty disease called scrapies that has become a mad cow like issue in American sheep. Inagine not being able to castrate my sheep or goats- herds of smelly horned Billy's goring eAchother in the side, hormones, violence- all preventable, but some Pe Ta member doesn't understand why my goat should 'suffer the pain of castration' with no knowledge of what suffering a life can be for an animal in a world filled with fighting intact males.

Imagine that I cannot remove my dogs dew claws- I just have to wait til their snagged on the couch, torn and bleeding and have an emergency vet visit. Imagine that I cannot pierce my daughters ears, that I cannot pierce my own. What next?

The burden of decisions such as these need to weigh on the hearts and minds of the dedicated breeders in conference with their trusted medical professionals not tossed around arbitrarily at the whim of an uneducated by stander.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!