View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #23
Doodlebug
♥Love My Puppies!♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 107barney View Post
You may never need to do it. My Daisy was born with bilateral Grade IV patellar luxations. At age two she went lame and had surgery on one leg. The other leg never required surgery. About a year ago, she was really bothered and I took her to a surgeon and he ordered crate rest. She has some arthritis shoen on her xray but at 14 years old with a severe grade IV she still runs around like without a problem. Up and down stairs, long walks, jumps....no problem. No pain, and when and if she's bothered, she takes a tramadol.
Thank you! I am so happy to hear that surgery isn't always necessary. Teddy does really well getting around with it and I would sure hate to put him through a surgery that he doesn't really need, especially since it can lead to other complications. I won't let the vet talk me into having surgery unless he is having problems. I really appreciate everyone's input. I am learning not to put blind trust in a new vet that I am not that familiar with.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!