View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 06:22 AM   #9
WannaBe
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracielove View Post
The muscle in a dog's body that controls the flow of urine does not mature until the pup is at least 4 months old. At six weeks of age the pup has no ability to control urine. It may learn where you want it to urinate but that does not mean that it can make it to that place in time.

I don't understand why anyone would have a 6 week old Yorkie pup. A pup that age is still learning to eat real food.

When people take home such a young puppy they have to be aware that a 6 to 12 week old pup is an infant and has no ability to do the things that most people want it to. You are going to have to deal with pee on the floor and crying because the pup wants it's mom and litter mates and very well should be there with them. You are now both the mom and the play pal. You have to be everything to that baby until it is old enough to start learning.

At 12 weeks of age most pups that have been socialized properly and have grown according to expected rates are ready to start venturing out into the world. That is an estimate though. Every pup is an individual and should be evaluated by an experienced breeder before it is allowed to go to a new home.

You have several weeks of being a mom to that baby before you can expect much relief.
You did not read my whole post. It reads 9 weeks, not 6. And I know full well a pup should not leave the mother at 8 weeks. But, that said, if you would have read my other posts you would know that the mother stopped feeding them at 5 weeks and no matter what the person was going to give her to another home. I would much rather that home be with me than with someone who really doesn't know what they are doing and would leave her in a crate all day while they work or have their children terrorize such a small pup. Yes, she is a BYB pup, but does my taking her make it so much worse than letting her go to someone who wouldn't care as much just because she was a BYB (and a friend of a friend). I'm trying to housetrain her, I took the advice of one of the other members to cover her 6' by 3' puppy pen with papers and her bed. If this is so bad, then I'm doing something really wrong! I came her for advice, if you can't do that without being critical than I would rather not hear it please.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!