View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
Lilah Charm
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyChance View Post
IDK...I went into Petco the other day to pick something up-on a Saturday- they were holding the training in the middle of the store (OK for more advanced) people were stopping and distracting them-and the 'trainers' were basically screeching 'No!' everytime the poor puppies got sidelined by a kid with a lollipop...
On Long Island- we have a great local trainer who's been in business for over 20 years- we took our first Yorkie to her class and really learned a lot- especially with this breed...they can be really manipulative-
Do a little research for a local trainer- this woman is about 30 bucks more than Petco- well worth it, IMHO-
Hmmm, yeah I haven't actually been there to see their classes or participated in them. The stars program is an akc accredited puppy program that is usually offered (in the pdx area anyway) at high end training facilities or contracted out through the fancy pet hotels (like sniff, wow, talk about boarding redefined) so I was surprised and excited to see it available at a petco in my area. It is often a preliminary certificate on the way to other certifications is my understanding. I don't actually go to the petco often but have been to the petsmart several times and have seen training classes walking through there. I wish we had completed stars when lilah was in that age group! but ah yes, we learn so much! When the time comes for lilah to have a sister she will have a much more experienced mama to deal with!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!