View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
WannaBe
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Actually a good Yorkie mom begins the house breaking, she can smell the urine in the bladder and pushes her pup over to the pad. I wouldn't worry about training to go outside at this point, most Yorkie pups are with their mom's at this age. I would wait till she's 12 weeks before I start to crate train her and in the meantime I'd use more pee pads on the floor of her x-pen, basically most of the floor should be covered with pee pads so she can't make a mistake. You never want them to get use to their own urine, so change the dirty pads and pick up poop as soon as you notice it. I think this thread has some helpful tips. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/gen...ebreaking.html
Thanks, I will do this. I wasn't going to keep her in the crate at night or any length of time. I'm home all the time and I thought since she won't pee in her crate I can put her in there until she has to go then maybe she will go on the pad and then she will get the idea when I praise her. Since she is so young and shouldn't be away from momma anyway she gets lots of leeway, but I don't want her to get used to going on the floor and I don't want to keep her in her pen in the laundry room all the time either. Right now her and Gunner are playing and I know in a few minutes she will have to go, so I will put her back in the pen to pee.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!