View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 AM   #1
WannaBe
YT 500 Club Member

Default Can a very young puppy be housetrained?

My pup is only 9 weeks old. She will sometimes pee on the pad (with me standing there) and I will praise her. But, if she is in her pen at night (6 foot long with bed on one side crate on other), she will poo on the pad but not pee on it. It seems like she will avoid the pad more and more. I think she is much too young to go outside in the cold, so it has to be potty pads. But, I think she avoids them now. I've never yelled or anything, but I can't get her to pee on one.
I get her up in the morning, put her on the pad and gently tell her to pee pee, she will run off and I put her back on, but she will not pee. I do this all day long, but she will not pee.
I'm thinking during the day if she does not pee I can put her in her crate if she does not pee, wait a while then put her back on the pad again, if she still refuses to pee then put her back in the crate?
I feel like I'm being mean, but my carpet can't take much more (good thing we didn't put the new floors in yet). Does this sound like an ok plan?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!