View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
MaWilliams3
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiB View Post
Specifically the lack of vaccinating? Sheldon is due for some more puppy shots (I'm spacing them out at the very least because he is extremely low risk right now), and I'm unsure which ones I want to get. The last time he got what I believe is called an MLV of like five or six different vaccines (don't have the paper in front of me, unfortunately), and he was lethargic and lacked appetite for two-three days after. In my state, the only required vaccine is rabies, but I feel he should finish his parvo and distemper series.

Any advice? If you minimally vaccinate, or don't at all, can you tell me why, what you do feel is important, and what you would NOT give? I feel no different about him then I did my kids...I know he needs SOME protection, but I think vaccines are way overdone.

If you feel that they are all necessary on the schedule the vets given can you tell me why you believe so? Looking for both sides of the coin here.

I have to go get my boys from school so I can't respond immediately, but thanks in advance for any replies
I am a very firm believer in vaccinating your pet. when I took Bruiser for his shots he was just miserable and didn't want to eat for two or three days as well. But to me two or three days worth of discomfort and sleepiness, is better then exposing him to all of the animal diseases that are out there. Just my opinion.

♡☆Mandy☆♡ mum to Bruiser RIP Bijou
MaWilliams3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!