View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
BarraKeata
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Thank you all for your input!
I have an appointment at her old vet out of town on thursday. Its gunna be one heck of a wait.. ( we recently moved)so, initially i chose to opt for a vet in town.. But given the circumstances.. A good long drive to a vet i know and trust will be worth it-- ive been with them for years.

As far as the heat monitoring.. Her d.o.b. is jan 5 2012 ( not exactly 3... But soon to be)Admittedly yes, if it would have been on my mind, i would have realised she was due for a heat. Thats on me. Theres was just so much goin on at the time. As far as her cycles go, she didnt have her first heat until almost a year old, and continually had what i considered irregular heats. They were about 7 months apart & basically silent. Another shame on me for not spaying... I know. This would have been her 4th heat.. I have also an older yorkie, her heats, as i remember them were CLEAR AND IN THE OPEN. diapers an liners and all the works. My little Nova(girl of discussion) hardly bleeds or shows any signs. My parents probably were none the wiser. Not thier fault. I should have been on top of things and made them aware. Again, alot was going on and i just completely had it out of my mind.
This whole thing is such a mess-- im well aware of the horrors my negligence have brought upon her.

All said and done.. All that really matters in the end is that she is safe. I couldnt bear losing her. She is my world. I have alot of info to go through and hopefully i wil have a well informed mind going into the vet on thursday. Whichever decision i make here... Theres a tough road ahead. Please keep my poor girl in your prayers.

Thanks again
BarraKeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!