View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
BarraKeata
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Advice PLEASE! Ugh!

I am in quite a pickle. My 3 yr old 5 lb little girl is pregnant!!! And to top it off-- its only just been confirmed today and she's apparently due in a week-10 days... Oh my goshhhh.

I have no idea how this is my luck. I have her with me basically 24/7. Buttt a couple months ago i was in between moving and my parents had her for about 3 weeks. They have a yorkie. In tact. Some way...some how... Timing was oh-so-perfect to have her go into heat at that time. Its the ABSOLUTE only way this could have happened. & here's a KICKER... The only possible stud is HER BROTHER& LITTER MATE. I am 100% serious (

Now--mind you-- i had no idea she had gone through a heat or that any sort of weird activity had happened. A couple days ago i finally accepted that she definitely had something going on... And then came to the shocking conclusion that she might be pregnant. I couldnt beleive it. I then proceeded to do a puppy cut --going extra close to her tummy ( i keep her coat long so i hadnt even noticed her tummy) i feel so stupid!!! I did light palpation and kept a keen eye on her and confirmed my fears... As much as someone with my experience could. Ugh ugh ugh

Today was the vet visit-- and i was disgusted by the attitude from them. They are advising me to spay her NOW. Is this an actual option???!! It seems horrific. An xray confirmed three puppies. Oh and the vets terms were... " we will basically take out her uterus an the litter will be tossed out"
!thats right...!! TOSSED OUT??!? I almost lost it. The general attitude and knowledge i got from the vet made me positive i was the smartest person in the room. So uncomfortable. Ick ick ick.
Maybe im over reacting here.. But i just feel like its absolutely disgusting and horrific to think of killing pups so far along. I mean, my knowledge is limited, but if they are already calcified..she has got to be somewhere around 47 days or more...right??
Ive assisted a whelp before--everything went smooth..but this could go bad..but i have a little experience. Not much. But im comfortable and im willing to learn ALL I CAN and cram it into a few days.. I can and will if need be.

Maybe im wrong but my heart is breaking here. I do not want to risk anything happening to my little sugar-love. im so torn.
I have so many things in my mind
-will the puppies be defective because of brother/sister mating?
-is the "spay" an actual option here...what are the risks?
-should i risk he having the pups with her size??? ( money is not an issue..if c-section was needed..but i dont know much about it..could she be harmed??)
- why oh WHY...& HOW COULD I LET THIS HAPPEN.

Help please. I need real advice i can trust!! I need to make a decision

:S .....
BarraKeata is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!