Thread: Allergies-again
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
EarthAngel
Donating YT 6000 Club Member

Allergies are a pain to figure out. Bentley is on Hill's Z/D dry food from the vet and has controlled his food allergies. He also has environmental allergies and was on allergen shots. I stopped the shots to see if he would be ok and he did fine without them.

He was totally fine and then he had his anal glands expressed by the vet who sprayed him with a perfumed smell (I hadn't known as I was not with him in the back). I had coincidentally switched from ALL hyper allergenic detergent to Arm and Hammer detergent. What a mess Bentley became...itching and just not comfortable.

I took him a bath and got All detergent and washed his bed and anything related to him. He is now back to his normal self. I will be telling the vet tech not to put anything on him from now on just in case it was the spray applied.

So it seems the slightest deviation of something will effect him and maybe you may think of something your Chibi has been exposed to differently. I know how upsetting it is to have our furkids be in any kind of discomfort from allergies.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!