View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
Sadie_Dad
Yorkie Talker

Default Female out of heat.

Hi-

I am new here, a new Yorkie owner, and a new girl dog owner. So please bare with me.

#1 I know I need to get her spayed and I have no problem doing so and fully intend on doing so. However, my vet would like to wait 6 to 8 weeks after because she is so small and her heat cycle just ended.

#2 I think my male Shichon got to her. Now I am not 100% sure. I didn't see them tie/lock. However, the entire back of her was wet. Her tail, her hair, her legs, etc... She is WAY smaller than he at 4lbs and he at 19lbs.

#3 I contacted a fertility clinic in my area (PA), which BTW I do not think is giving me good customer service. I would like her to have the mis-mate shot now before any fetus forms. This clinic is telling me A) I need to wait 25 days to have an ultrasound done to see if she is pregnant B) Then they will administer the series of shots for mis-mate.

#4 Now I realized she is acting different burrowing in clothes, "nesting", etc.. I got her while in heat the person I purchased her from had no idea she was in heat or did and neglected to mention it to me. However, she was in heat. I noticed she is no longer "flagging" him or curling the tail when he is near. Is she done?

Again please be nice when responding I'm a virgin at this female dog ownership and I am a responsible dog owner. Thank you in advance!

-Brad
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!