View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 03:20 PM   #4394
Pinkypard
Yorkie Talker

Wink The ringed egg

I know lots of people don't like onions. I do and eat them daily! I try most anything different in ways to fix them for a new treat. (Haven't found any way I don't like yet!).
Try this, it will surprise you even if you don't like onions!
Cut a large onion to get large rings near the center is best. Heat the skilled with butter or good oil. I prefer butter. Add whatever seasoning you like. I use Johnny's Seasoning Salt! Haven't found anything better.
When the skillet gets hot around 250 to 300 degrees or so, put the onion rings in to slightly cook before dropping the eggs, one in each ring. With the hot pan and the onion slightly cooked, nothing will seep out from under the ring. Allow to cook to your desire an flip over or sunny side up.
They go extremely well with another dish I like. Cube some potatoes in half inch or so cubes, add green chopped bell peppers, some more onions, A little Cilantro, and other seasonings you wish to your taste. Cook slowly in coconut or avocado oil (any kind you like) slowly not to burn.
Add some sausage, bacon or ???? and you have a king's breakfast.
Just don't allow your best friend the doggie have any, Onions are poison for dogs. Enjoy!
Pinkypard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!