View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 12:51 PM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey Zandaya View Post
My vet is holistic and recommends rotation , she believes staying on one protein can cause intolerances to it but she is not a nutritionist so the food I choose is pretty much up to me.
Zoey shows no sign of being in pain or sickly. Is very playful and energetic .....I never fed canned before the Hills , she just wasn't interested in it..and she knew her limits with how much kibble to eat.
I do tend to think I give her too much, 3 tab. twice a day is still below the recommend 1/4 cup for her size .....but she sometimes leaves some . Like I said I will cut down and feed more often.and look into probiotics wouldn't hurt.
What kind do you use?
Thanks for your input
There are pros and cons to rotation, I've read before that staying on one protein, causes intolerance to it, but I haven't seen any proof as in scientific studies, and if it does cause an intolerance, why not just switch at that point? In nature, animals don't have a rich variety of foods, they tend to eat the same foods over and over, and it doesn't make sense that this would cause problems. Joey's been on the same food most of his life and he has way less problems than many dogs I've seen here, however, I don't think Joey's food is the answer for everyone.

Join today and remove this ad!