View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 11:46 AM   #12
Zoey Zendaya
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I'm one of those who don't believe in rotation, if you are feeding something that works, stick with it, however, if you are saying your vet told you to put her on it, that's another matter. I personally don't believe dogs show a disinterest in food, unless it's one of three things. They have gotten sick when they were on the food and now they are fearful of the food, this is more likely to happen if it was a fairly new food. Second reason is if they are in any type of pain, it doesn't have to be digestive issues it can be other types of pain, and they will even refuse food that they normally love, like chicken. Third reason is if you are just totally overfeeding. Dogs usually won't overfeed on kibble, in fact, some say it's impossible, but they will overfeed on canned and human type of foods, some will eat to the death in fact. I would ask my vet about it and tell him how long it's been since she's eaten when she vomits as this is an important clue. I'm kind of leaning toward an acid reflux type of vomit like Wylie's mom mentioned, it happens often in the middle of the night a long time after their last meal. My vet suggested I give Pepcid (1/4 of the 10 mg tablet) and feed smaller meals more often.
My vet is holistic and recommends rotation , she believes staying on one protein can cause intolerances to it but she is not a nutritionist so the food I choose is pretty much up to me.
Zoey shows no sign of being in pain or sickly. Is very playful and energetic .....I never fed canned before the Hills , she just wasn't interested in it..and she knew her limits with how much kibble to eat.
I do tend to think I give her too much, 3 tab. twice a day is still below the recommend 1/4 cup for her size .....but she sometimes leaves some . Like I said I will cut down and feed more often.and look into probiotics wouldn't hurt.
What kind do you use?
Thanks for your input
Zoey Zendaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!