View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #13
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I wonder if the cheese could be doing that? My grand dog has pancreatitis, and he can't have any types of treats, so we have to put his food in his mouth lean his mouth back and massage his throat till he swallows, sometime dripping in a few drips of water. At first it was really hard, but after a while the dog knew I wasn't going to give up and was more cooperative. Since thyroid pills don't have a strong taste, another option would be smashing them up and mixing them with something she could eat, but I'm not sure what she can eat without causing problems. They do make unsalted turkey slices at deli and maybe a thin slice wrapped around a pill?
Well she has had little bits of cheese sense she was a pup and never had issues. I have a pill shooter that just drops it down that back of her throat but I feel bad doing that twice a day. The other method doesn't work for her no matter how long you wait she's more stubborn then me lol. They used to be flavored but when I went to pick up her refill it wasn't the flavored ones. No vomiting today but I pulled the old food yesterday and it's mostly been chicken and rice.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!