View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
I was reading through this when I was waiting to get my flu shot but couldn't respond because it's just to hard for me to reply on my phone but it really got me thinking and I think it's the food. She had been on Royal Canin Yorkie for months a few before the surgery and three months after the surgery but her poo was very soft and runnyish on it so I switched to something else which was the wellness toy breed with brown rice which I don't really think was in any of the foods she has been on before and it could just be the food because she started having the issues I think around the time I switched foods but just never put it together for some reason. She was great with no issues when on the bland diet of chicken and white rice so it makes sense to be the food. I picked up a new food when we were out today to try. The vomit normally is not yellow more kinda of white I think that's why I thought it was the goats milk. This morning it was the piece of cheese and her pill with a few pieces of dog food and it was pretty quick after eating. It normally seems to be in the morning but it's not yellow like bile.

I wonder if the cheese could be doing that? My grand dog has pancreatitis, and he can't have any types of treats, so we have to put his food in his mouth lean his mouth back and massage his throat till he swallows, sometime dripping in a few drips of water. At first it was really hard, but after a while the dog knew I wasn't going to give up and was more cooperative. Since thyroid pills don't have a strong taste, another option would be smashing them up and mixing them with something she could eat, but I'm not sure what she can eat without causing problems. They do make unsalted turkey slices at deli and maybe a thin slice wrapped around a pill?

Join today and remove this ad!