View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 03:59 PM   #14
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faboosh View Post

My stepdaughter tried a bark collar for her dog and it didn't work, and I don't necessarily want to shock my baby, I just wonder if there's a product that will make her stop when she gets to the edge of our yard. She's only 3 pounds and tiny, but she's flipping QUICK when she wants to run and she becomes pretty hard of hearing, too- or she forgets what the word "Stop!" is!

I'll have to put more research into the long leads. I've searched the bigbox stores sites to no avail- Billi's so little that I have to be careful of the weight of any lead, but a long lead has been extra difficult to find.
As she is so small, you could make your own out of nylon cord. You can buy it by the yard at Joann's.

Can you build a fence where you live? When I moved to my new wee house, I built my own fence over a few weekends.

I understand about the not stopping and coming on command when it's crucial. Shortly after I built my fence my Mum was over helping me do yard work. She'd taken some fallen branches up to my firepit, opened the gate at the top of my fenced area, and forgot to close it when she then walked around the side of the fence back to the garage. Later that day I let ZoE out, and next thing I see is her on the other side of the fence! I live on a main road now, so I was totally freaking out! And ZoE would not come to me or stop when i called her, even though we'd successfully done tons of training on it. She ran all the way around the fence as was cowering by the door to my breezeway by the time I'd ran all the way around to the front of the house. Thankfully she was ok. Since then I've installed a self closing feature like I had on my prior swimming pool gate.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!