View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faboosh View Post
Well, normally she is really good. Unfortunately, she has gotten out from the front door being opened. That'll be easier to prevent once my step-daughter moves, since I'm more diligent about that, but still...

I certainly don't want to hurt her, but I'm scared to death she's going to get killed crossing this street. We don't live on a main road, but people who live on other streets, use our street like a freeway and speed like crazy. Half the time you don't hear them until you see them and you don't see them until it's too late. She's 3 pounds, she would not survive a hit. She darts so she can greet the neighbors- thankfully they all know and like her and want her safe too. I just wish she'd stop when I tell her too. I'd be happy to walk her across myself to let her say hello!

My stepdaughter tried a bark collar for her dog and it didn't work, and I don't necessarily want to shock my baby, I just wonder if there's a product that will make her stop when she gets to the edge of our yard. She's only 3 pounds and tiny, but she's flipping QUICK when she wants to run and she becomes pretty hard of hearing, too- or she forgets what the word "Stop!" is!

I'll have to put more research into the long leads. I've searched the bigbox stores sites to no avail- Billi's so little that I have to be careful of the weight of any lead, but a long lead has been extra difficult to find.
You need to train her not to run out the door it actually some that is as important as teaching them to come when called. Another option is a fence and gate around the door either on the outside or inside where you have to like open the gate on the pet fence shut it and then open the front door.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!