View Single Post
Old 09-30-2014, 02:56 PM   #8
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faboosh View Post
Does anyone know if they make these long-leads extra lightweight? The only ones I've ever seen were bulky and heavy and Billi was afraid to do anything with it clipped to her.

I know these fences are really controversial here, but I've been curious about them because while 9/10 times, Billi is great in the front yard and doesn't run off, every so often a neighbor will catch her eye and she darts and doesn't stop. She doesn't even look both ways before crossing the street!

I'm actually seriously not worried about any dogs getting to her- she's never out for very long, or when other dogs are out. I am seriously worried about her recall and darting whenever something sets her off. Had a friend with one of those fences she had two beagles and both at different times got out and hit by a car.

And yes, before you mention it- we've trained her on this over and over. She always does it perfectly for the trainers, or for us in front of the trainer. The problem is getting her to stop every time.

So long story short: is there ever an instance where it's ok to use one of these to keep her from getting hit by a car?
No the shock is to much for there little body's and most don't sell them for dogs under like 15 pounds. They are cruel. Most dogs especially terriers will take the shock if it's something they really want.

Last edited by Lovetodream88; 09-30-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!