View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #6
mimimomo
Don't Litter Spay&Neuter
Donating Member

All dogs have yeast to some degree...it can get worse by allergies, bacteria or antibiotic therapy. Yeast has to be triggered by some underlying condition but it can be treated. Sugary foods are food for the yeast, if it's food related. Cutting carbs (potatoes, grains, some fruits high in fructose) will help stop fueling the yeast.

I have one very yeasty pup & her's is triggered by allergies & bacterial infections. She had numerous skin scrapings w/cytology to confirm this. It's a very simple painless test, they gently scrape the infected skin w/a q-tip or skin scraping tool & look under the microscope.

She was on RX shampoos, RX wipes, meds (temaril & benadryl) & even antibiotics, which made it worse. Her ears would fill up w/brown gunk as soon as I cleaned it out, it would be back the next day! She was so itchy, her ears were bleeding & she had a funky smell. Hair was greasy, had crusty scabs on her skin & she would constantly lick her paws, it smelled like fritos.

For Princess, the answer was switching to a 100% premade raw diet. I add digestive enzymes & probiotics to their food. I wash her privates & paws every night since we go for walkies everyday. It really helps wash away all the allergens from being outside, pollens, grass dander, dust & dirt. She doesn't lick her paws anymore & her skin is clean. I only use vinegar & water to clean, dryer balls instead of dryer sheets, clean my floors everyday. We have easy to clean floors throughout, laminate & travertine. I just attach a microfiber cloth to a swiffer stick & it picks up a lot of dust. No perfume, no candles, no pesticides, basically creating a clean environment for them.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!