Thread: Liver Problems?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Lousmom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Liver Problems?

I haven't posted in a long time and I had to reregister because we have a new cable company so I have a new email address. But anyway, we just bought a 12 week old male yorkie a few weeks ago. Up until a few nights ago he has been acting and eating fine. The other night I heard him throwing up in his bed, he did this all night and until we could see the vet in the afternoon. I gave him karo syrup just in case. The vet said he didn't have a fever, they did blood work to see if he was hypoglycemic and that came back fine. The vet gave me a medication he said probably a bacterial infection but couldn't rule out a liver shunt. Have been through that with a previous yorkie. So, last night he continued to throw up and was falling down, took him to the emg vet and they did all kinds of blood work liver levels are off she said she can't rule out a shunt. They hydrated him gave him a shot of antibiotics that will last three days. The emg vet said he needs to have another liver test I think it's a fasting blood test. Waiting now for my own vet to call me back. But, today he seems normal but I am still worried. Anyone have any suggestions or anyone out there that has gone through this? Thank you,
Nancy
Lousmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!