View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 09:10 AM   #14
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie6446 View Post
I started using BI for zoey's pancreatitis issues. Chicken and rice. At first she liked it and then after a few days she refused the food. I had to start sprinkling powered Parmesan cheese on top. It is low in fat and I don't use much. This has helped her eat her food. She used to be such a good eater until her tummy issues popped up. Now she is a pip!
Sometimes when dogs with pancreatitis refuse food, it's because the pancreatitis has flared up and they are experiencing some pain. In the past I've recommended sprinkling parmesan cheese on kibble as a temptation, but if a dog is refusing chicken and rice, I don't think I'd try to tempt them with anything. Sometimes, not eating anything is the best treatment for pancreatitis. It's possible, that by eating you could turn a mild flare up into a full blown case of pancreatitis. I know parmesan cheese in low in fat, but for some dogs any fat can be a problem, and it might be wise for them NOT to eat occasionally. Maybe you could check with your vet to be sure.

Join today and remove this ad!