View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #32
valeriejsmyth
YT Addict

I can only tell you what worked for me. I had two yorkies, male and female. When I lost my girl, my male was devastated. He really latched onto me and spent every waking or sleeping moment with me as I am retired now. I love him for that-he's my constant companion. Of course when I leave even to pump gas in the car he goes nits and carries on. When I leave the house for any length of time I always walk him and make sure he poops and pees out. When I leave I put treats (his food kibbles) all over the living room or the room he hangs out in most. I hide under pillows, under the of couch, under the edge of hid bowls (you get the point) and he is busy trying to look for the treats and not thinking about you leaving. I put him in another room while I hide them so he has to find them. Another thing that works is the kong stuffed with treats, kibbles, peanut butter, cheese whatever he likes. He will be playing with that and not thinking about you leaving. I leave music or tv on for him so he doesn't feel lonely. This is what has worked for me. If I am gone for than 2 hrs I put a pee pad down for him. I have never crated him except when he was a puppy he sleeps with me and I have never had behavior problems with him. Good luck, I hope our posts have given you some tips that will help you.
valeriejsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!