View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 07:55 AM   #8
BobbiB
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachi View Post
Gemy I see nothing wrong with crating either but sometimes you are married to someone that just wont let you or wont budge on it. He thinks it is cruel and Im never going to convince him other wise. He wouldnt even let me use the crate method of potty training even though I know it is the best and easiest way to train. Thats why I have dogs that piss on the floor
Butting in, sorry if it seems rude. I don't know how long you've dealt with this with your husband, but I'm curious if you've explained the whole crate = den for a dog to him? It is completely natural for a dog to not only need but want their own space, and have dens in the wild, as I'm sure you know.

Every dog I have ever had, even if they didn't love the idea initially, would eventually go to their crates on their own for peace and comfort once it was established as theirs. Sheldon is only fourteen weeks old and already goes in it on his on from time to time.

This may be redundant to you, I just wasn't sure what you've tried to get your husband to budge. Husbands sure can be tough sometimes

Last edited by BobbiB; 08-29-2014 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Correct grammar
BobbiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!