View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 AM   #11
LunasMomma
Izzy's Momma Too!
Donating Member

My Luna is a spaz like that! She gets along well with all the dogs (of all sizes) at the groomers but she hates when other dogs come near us when we're walking. Izzy, on the other hand, is friendly as can be, she always rolls over on her back. She loves ALL other dogs!

They were raised in the same house and socialized the same. Some dogs just don't ever feel comfortable around strange dogs. I think Luna is just a very fearful little girl due to her size and she just reacts out of fear. Also if she's restrained by a leash or strapped into the stroller it is worse. But I'm not letting her run free at all for safety reasons. Her favorite dog is a huge yellow lab named Laci at the groomer, she runs right up to her and tries to give her kisses. She just takes a while to warm up. When we dogsat my friend's min-pin/chi mix, it took her a few days until she would be nice to her.

Try not to judge someone's dog and say they shouldn't be walked because they're not friendly to other dogs. They deserve fresh air and exercise too! The owner did the right thing and removed him from the situation. I always warn other dog walkers that Luna is not dog-friendly, but allow Izzy to say hello. They're completely opposite when it comes to little kids though, Luna LOVES them and Izzy is scared to death.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!