Thread: allergies?
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #1
Marioana
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default allergies?

Chewie has these pustules/pimples and I have no idea how to get rid of them. It looks like a pimple in the starting stage, and then they dry out.
He started getting them last year after a grooming, so we took him to the vet and she said it's probably a bacterial infection from not drying him properly and the heat. She gave us some antibiotics for 2 weeks and the pustules seemed to subside, not gone, but fewer. He still got one or two every few weeks but nothing major.I washed him with anti-bacterial and anti-fungal shampoo but that didn't help. *A month and a half ago he started getting them again, mostly around his tail and on his back legs and they seem to be itchy because he keeps trying to scratch them. I went to the vet again, and she said it's allergies, and she gave us some antibiotics to prevent infection from scratching and to give him benadryl. She said to give him half a pill (12.5 mg) but that seemed a lot for a 8.5 lb dog; I took one pill a few months ago and it knocked me out and I am 120 lb... So I gave him a quarter of a tablet last night, but that didn't help. I also stopped giving him fruits in an effort to find out to what is he allergic, but it wasn't that. I feed him Fromm, I waa thinking of switching to Acana or Orijen, maybe he developed an allergy to it....

Any other suggestions?
Marioana is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!